Pretty Pink Roses

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Just learning:

I so enjoy reading other blogs that I have decided that I would give it a whirl and try and do one myself. What do I have to lose? I think nothing. Learning something new is always a good thing. As I have gotten older in life I want my mind to stay as sharp as possible. Even more so for me because my Grandma and my Mom both had Alzheimer's. I lost my sweet loving Grandma last April and Mom (my Dad passed last Oct.) just this past Sept. I miss them so much especially my Mom. Probably because it is just so recent yet. I moved back to my childhood home to take care of her. My husband, my kids and I gutted my parents home to make it a light airy happy place. It had stood still in time since the 1970's. When the job was done I brought my mom home. I think at first she did not remember it but the next day she cried and told me it was beautiful. Oh those were the words I had so wanted to hear. To know that I had given her a beautiful place to live. She only got to enjoy her newly remolded home for 2 months when the good Lord called her home. During my many long days and nights of the rehab job I sometimes would have to walk away and do something different. That is where another learning came in for me. My Mom had a piano and I just wanted to play it. Little by little I learned to play some tunes on it. I am not that good but you can at least know what songs I am playing. After my Mom's passing sitting at the piano and just playing helps me to get through this loss that I feel. Crafting and decorating is another way for me to get through this whole grief process and now writing here feels good too. Thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderful weekend! 

 
My Sweet Mom. She so loved ice cream.


My Moms piano. I will always treasure this. 

6 comments:

  1. wow, this is pretty neat shelly! good job honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly,I love your blog! And as always,I love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly, congratulations on the new blog. I am your newest follower. Your blog is so pretty, I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for future posts. I have awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award. This may help get you some exposure so other bloggers can find you. To see rules for playing along go to http://shabbyteaparty.blogspot.com Good Luck, I'll be back. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Here I am... I am writing on yer bloggy thing :) Kewl Huh? Ok Buh-Bye Now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi BettyJean. Thank you for the sweet comment. I am sorry that I am just seeing this but I now ready to give this blogging a good try. I love your blog and have listed you in my favorite blogs.

    ReplyDelete